Vision & aims
The vision of Hamilton College is to provide an excellent education for all pupils within a caring Christian ethos.
1. Ethos: To provide a positive caring ethos that demonstrates the relevance of the Christian faith to every day life; promotes a sense of responsibility that shows respect for oneself, others and the environment, and prepares pupils for active citizenship.
2. Curriculum; Attainment and Achievement: To provide a framework for learning within and beyond the formal curriculum that offers pupils a range of opportunities designed to help them reach excellent standards of attainment and achievement.
3. Teaching: To provide effective teaching that is marked by high, but realistic, expectations, and which promotes a joy in learning that forms a sound foundation for continuing achievement in later life.
4. Meeting Pupils' Needs: To provide challenge and support for learning that are well suited to pupils' individual abilities and needs.
5. Resources: To provide accommodation, resources and facilities that are appropriate to an excellent modern education.
6. Leadership and Management: To provide effective leadership and management that enables all staff to be aware and responsive to the needs and aspirations of pupils, other staff members, parents and the wider community; and to be successful in pursuing continuous improvement.