The nursery, established in 1995, is an integral part of Hamilton College. A series of semi-open plan classrooms lead off from a spacious corridor. Each room is pleasantly bright and is well equipped for the educational development of young children. An enclosed garden area to the rear of the nursery offers lots of space and opportunity for work and play to extend outdoors.
We offer a flexible pattern for weekly attendance and parents should e-mail Mrs J Caldwell (Head of Nursery) or call her on 01698 282700 to discuss their requirements, for further information or to request registration forms.
- Wrap Around Care 08:00 till 08:45
- 5 morning sessions 08:45 till 12:00
- 5 afternoon sessions 12:45 till 16:00
- 5 full day sessions 09:00 till 16:00
- Wrap Around Care 16:00 till 18:00
|Term||Cost Per Session|
|1 (16 Weeks)||£222.40|
|2 (11 Weeks)||£152.90|
|3 (9 Weeks)||£125.10|
|Lunch||12:00-13:00||£4.50 per day|
|Morning Care||08:00-08:45||£3.35 per day|
|Afternoon Care||16:00-18:00||£4.50 per hour|
The Nursery operates in partnership with South Lanarkshire Council. Funding application forms are distributed to all prospective parents and relevant monies received for funding are applied to the child's termly statement.
WRAP AROUND CARE
Fees will be charged at a cost of:
£3.35 for 8.15 - 8.45am and/or £4.50 per hour between 4 and 6pm.
We will be happy to accept Ad Hoc bookings for Wrap Around Care providing that spaces are available.
We accept Nursery Vouchers which may be available through your employer.
Please contact Mrs J Caldwell in the Nursery should the need arise to make any amendments to permanent Wrap Around Care or make Ad Hoc bookings.
Wrap Around Care during holidays will be charged at the following rates:
£28 per full day
£15 per morning (8.45am - 12 noon) or afternoon session (1pm - 4pm) session
£125 Weekly charge for Full Day Monday - Friday
£65 Weekly charge Half Day Monday - Friday
Nursery is for children who are three years old.
Kindergarten is for children in their pre-school year.
Programmes of work are planned, executed and evaluated by appropriately qualified staff. Most activities are centred on themes, which integrate all areas of the curriculum at a level appropriate to the child's ability. Each day has a structure, which is partly teacher-led, but which makes room for the development of the child's own creativity, imagination and independent thinking. We are working towards the Early Outcomes set by the Scottish Executive in the new Curriculum For Excellence.
COMMUNITY OF HAMILTON COLLEGE
There are many advantages to being part of the whole school community. We call on the resources of staff and equipment throughout the building. Here are just a few examples:
- P.E. Department. Specialist staff take the children for a fortnighly Physical Education lesson. The children follow a programme of skills development using the equipment and space of the gym halls.
- Music Repartment. Specialist staff take the children for a fortnightly Music lesson.
- The children visit Mrs Clark in the Library to select and borrow books each week.
- Swimming lessons are available on a weekly basis.
- Extra Curricular Speech and Drama lessons are available from Mrs Lannigan.
- Technical Support from the ICT Manager.
- Children transferring to Junior School are familiar with the Junior School building and make frequent visits to the early years classrooms. Transition to Junior One is made smoothly with confidence, following an enhanced programme of activities from January to June. We give priority of place to those children who intend to move on to Junior One of Hamilton College. However, we do welcome children who intend to begin their primary school years elsewhere.