Nurtured Beginnings Start Here...
Welcome to Hamilton College Nursery!
Established in 1995, the Nursery is an integral part of Hamilton College; a co-educational, Christian independent school for pupils aged 3-18. The joy for learning begins in our Nursery and develops skills for life.
In addition to the Nursery and school facilities, the children enjoy educational visits from both Junior and Senior School teachers.
Flexible Hours and Funded Places
The Nursery is open from 8am-6pm throughout the year, excluding public holidays and inset days. We are registered for 32 children at any one time with a staff-to-child ratio of 1:8.
We offer a flexible pattern of attendance to suit individual circumstances.
During term time we offer the following provision:
Morning Session 8.40am -12noon
Afternoon Session 12.40pm - 4.00pm
Full Day Session 8.40am - 4.00pm
Wrap around care is also available for 8.00am - 8.40am and 4.00pm-6.00pm. We are happy to accept ad hoc bookings for wrap around care providing that spaces are available.
During holiday periods wrap around care is available for a half-day session (8.40am-12.00noon /12.40pm-4.00pm) or a full day session (8.00am-6.00pm). Places are available on a limited basis so early booking is recommended.
The Nursery is in partnership with South Lanarkshire Council which will provide funding for your child’s place after their third birthday. Please contact the Nursery for further details.
Please contact Mrs J Caldwell in the Nursery if you have any questions regarding funded places or if you would like to make any amendments to permanent Wrap Around Care or make ad hoc bookings.
Experienced and Engaging Staff Team
The dedicated staff team consists of a Head of Nursery and six early years’ practitioners. All staff are fully qualified and regularly engage in continuous professional development to update knowledge and skills and keep abreast of key developments in the sector. All staff have substantial experience in working with children aged 3-5 years and are passionate about giving children the best possible start to their educational journey.
“Staff are always positive, encouraging and patient.” (Current Parent)
In our work with the children we aim to:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment where children can become confident and independent individuals and develop the skills necessary for learning, life and work.
- Provide learning opportunities which build on children's previous experience and knowledge and takes account of their individual needs, learning styles and interests.
- Promote responsible citizenship by respecting property and encouraging children to form positive attitudes towards others whose gender, race, culture, faith and abilities may be different from their own.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers, respecting home life and recognising the vital contribution that they make to a child’s development and learning.
- Engage in collaborative work with other professionals to create an optimum learning environment and smooth transitions from Nursery to school.
- Respect the rights and opinions of children ensuring that they have opportunities to become effective contributors and play an active part in their learning and the life of the Nursery.
Bright and Stimulating Environment
The Nursery consists of 4 semi-open-plan playrooms. Each room is bright and stimulating and is well equipped to promote the holistic development of young children. A safe, enclosed garden area to the rear of the Nursery offers lots of space and opportunity for play and learning to extend outdoors. Every day the children have the opportunity to use the outdoor area and to move freely between the indoor playrooms.
As part of the school community we also make use of the:
- Junior School Assembly Hall
- Gymnasium and games hall within the P.E. Department
- Junior School Active Learning Room
- Swimming Pool
“Fantastic outdoor area for exploring.” (Current Parent)